Last modified: January 1, 2020
This policy applies to personal information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, to the extent those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party.
The Website may contain links to other websites. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Children under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use, or provide any information on or through, the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal information we collect and how we use it
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website as described in this section.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website that you provide to us may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. We collect such information to address your concern or respond to your request.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. We collect such information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Your search queries on the Website.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns in order to recognize new or past visitors, to provide better customer service, to tailor advertising, and to collect information about our visitors’ behavior during their visits to the Website, including:
- details of your visits to our Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a potential buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We do not sell our users personal information and in the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold our users personal information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
How we respond to Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Transfers to third countries
We may share your personal information within the Company (including to subsidiaries, affiliates and parent companies) or our suppliers and business partners and may transfer it to other countries in the world where we do business (for example, if you are in the European Economic Area, we may transfer your information to the United States of America). Some countries that we transfer your personal data to may have privacy laws that are not the same as the privacy laws in your own country. In such countries, we will still handle your information in the manner we describe here and will take such measures as are necessary to comply with applicable data protection laws when transferring and processing your information. The European Commission has approved the use of model contract clauses as a means of ensuring adequate protection when transferring data outside of the European Economic Area. By incorporating model contract clauses into a contract established between the parties transferring data, we are able to protect personal data that is transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries that have not been deemed by the European Commission to adequately protect personal data. A copy of these model contract clauses can be found at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:039:0005:0018:EN:PDF. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
The length of time we will keep your personal information
In certain circumstances and to comply with applicable laws, we will retain your personal information only for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Knowing Your Rights
Applicable data protection laws may give you the right to control our use and processing of your personal information. In some countries and under certain circumstances, you may have the right to:
- request access to and a copy of your personal information from us;
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- request modification of your personal information that may be inaccurate;
- request that we erase your personal information;
- restrict processing of your personal information by us; and
- transfer your data.
Where we are using your personal information with your consent, you may also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, though this will not affect our uses of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us as described below under the section “Questions or Comments”. We will consider and act upon any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
For more information on the rights granted data subjects in the European Economic Area under the GDPR, see the Information Commissioner’s Office Guide to the GDPR available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Your California Privacy Rights
Applicable California data protection laws may give you the right to control our use and processing of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom your personal information was sold; and
- the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we work very hard to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Questions or Comments
General Questions and Comments:
1001 17th St., Suite 680, Denver, CO 80202
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may in some countries have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy.