HarperDB’s Cloud Hackathon
Hack for your chance to win $5750 in cash and prizes!
HarperDB is hosting our second hackathon and you won't want to miss out. We recently launched HarperDB Cloud, a fully managed and hosted RESTful database. For this hackathon event, the theme is to extend HarperDB's ecosystem and capabilities. We challenge you to build third-party integrations, extensions, and hooks to other ecosystems. 1st place will receive $1000 in cash and $2500 in HarperDB Cloud credits. The submission deadline has been extended to June 15th at 11:59pm MT, we cannot wait to see everyone's submissions!
You can check out examples by developers from our previous hackathon, review API documentation, or get started by signing up for your free HarperDB Cloud account. Each team will be provided with $500 in HarperDB Cloud credits to build out your project (we'll send you a code after you register). Check out our judging guidelines below for more information. Keep in mind you need to register on the form below to participate!
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place:
Anyone can take part in this hackathon, put your code to the test!
- Each team must submit a presentation (document, slide deck, or video) outlining your project, methodology, use case, etc. Include a link to your code in Github in your presentation (only one team member needs to submit the project).
- The HarperDB engineering team will offer each team two optional "help" sessions, allowing you to hop on a video conference to ask questions and receive help with your code. We will help you set these up once you are registered.
- The judges will review all the projects and announce the winners on Thursday, June 18th. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded and we will post the information across our social, on our home page, and send email updates as well. All teams will have an option to schedule 30 minutes with the judges to review final feedback on their work after winners are announced.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Judging Guidelines & Recommendations
The judges will take into account the following items during their deliberations. We do not expect teams to incorporate all of these into their projects. A good project can master just a few of these. We've provided these guidelines to let you know what the judges will be looking for. We recommend that projects:
- Leverage many HarperDB features
- Utilize HarperDB's clustering and replication
- Cluster multiple HarperDB Cloud instances
- Cluster Cloud and local HarperDB instances
- Support advanced analytics
- We recommend that projects are production ready
- Incorporate the following architectural aspects:
- Application layers
- External integrations
- Proper database schema design with support for SQL joins
- Users and roles
- Security principles
- Expand the accessibility of HarperDB, for example:
- Large ecosystem integrations
- Non-developers can utilize the power of HarperDB
- Further improves the accessibility of HarperDB to developers
- Utilize HarperDB drivers to connect to existing tools
- We extended submission and registration deadlines! Registration closes on June 8th @ 11:59 pm (MT).
- Teams can be as small as one person or as large as you want. There is no limit on the number of team members a team can have.
- You must use HarperDB Cloud for your project.
- Submissions are due June 15th at 11:59 pm (MT). You are welcome to submit earlier at any time.
- Each team may only submit one project for judging. If you have other projects we would love to see them, they just cannot qualify for judging!