HarperDB Cloud is our fully-managed, cloud-hosted product offering. You get all the benefits of HarperDB: storage algorithm, built-in API, bidirectional table-level data replication, etc., but without the hassle of managing your own server.
Installing HarperDB On Your Own Server
If you’re not using our Docker container, HarperDB requires NodeJS/NPM, available here.
npm i -g harperdb
npm install -g harperdb-2.0.29-BETA.tgz
docker run -d -p harperdb/hdb
Add A Volume To Persist Data:
Add Initial Config Arguments (default):
To run HarperDB after it is installed; run the following command:
You may need to update your firewall if you are not running locally, by default HarperDB runs on port 9925. If you are unsure see your properties file at HDB_ROOT/config/settings.js.
To stop HarperDB once it is running from the HarperDB home (HDB_HOME) directory run the following command:
To restart HarperDB once it is running from the HarperDB home (HDB_HOME) directory run the following command:
Getting The HarperDB Version
To check the version you are running of HarperDB from the HarperDB home (HDB_HOME) directory run the following command:
Using the Built-In API
Using HarperDB’s built-in API is as easy as making an http call to the URL and PORT of your HarperDB instance. To make it even easier, we’ve created a series of example http calls as a Postman Collection. These calls show you how to create and access sample data in HarperDB.
Sample code is also available in many common languages in the sample code pane. Select the language you want from the drop down and paste the code.
Using HarperDB Studio
Every installation of HarperDB can be administered through HarperDB Studio. This web-based interface provides you the ability to set up new schemas and tables, configure users and roles, manage data replication, and purchase and deploy enterprise licenses.
- Simplify Administration – handle all HarperDB administration tasks from one simple interface
- Click here to log into your HarperDB using our hosted version of the HarperDB Studio
- Once you’re logged in, select Add Instance > User-Installed Instance, and enter your instance details
- The Studio makes use of your HarperDB instance’s built-in API
- Credentials for all your instances are stored locally in your browser- we never see or store them
- You’ll be able to manage any instance you can reach via your network connection
- Even though the Studio is cloud-hosted, you can securely manage User-Installed instances on your private network