HarperDB maintains a log of jobs that have been started through the system. Log messages can be used for diagnostics and auditing purposes. The job logs are maintained via a HarperDB system table. Job logs can be accessed via the
Job Log Metadata
When a job is kicked off the following metadata items are tracked in the job log:
- id: A GUID generated to identify the job. This will be returned in the response of the operation that initially kicked off the job.
- user: The username of the HarperDB user who kicked off the job.
- type: The type of job. For example, csv_data_load.
- status: The status of the job. Values include: IN_PROGRESS, COMPLETE, and ERROR.
- start_datetime: The time the job started in Unix Epoch with milliseconds format.
- end_datetime: The time the job completed in Unix Epoch with milliseconds format.
- job_body: The body of the job, if applicable.
- message: Message associated with the job, including confirmation, error, and/or other details.
- created_datetime: he time the job was received in Unix Epoch with milliseconds format.
- __createdtime__: The time the job database record was created in Unix Epoch with milliseconds format.
- __updatedtime__: The time the job database record was updated in Unix Epoch with milliseconds format.
Example Job Log Message
"message": "successfully loaded 350 of 350 records",